Thursday, September 30, 2010

Night dreamin'

He was sitting across the room, looking haphazardly around, and waving his hand as he talked, "You'll never find someone like me, you know that right?"
I agreed, I knew it.
"You know you'll never find anyone as individual as me, no one who makes you think as much as i do. No one as intelligent."

I agree again, "I get it and I know, but maybe I don't want to think anymore. maybe I'm tired and I feel old and maybe I just want to breath, you've suffocated me."

He looked down into the bottom of the pipe, shifting the cherry around with the butt of his lighter, "You won't like all that air, you have to be challenged and you know it, you change so often, you get bored easily."
I leaned over and grabbed the 40, I threw back the bottle in my mouth, wiped my sleeve across my face.
"You're an asshole."
He laughed, "ho ho, I guess I got you riled up there, didn't I?"

From the window I could see the light getting brighter; he turned toward the window and disappeared in front of my eyes.

...Was i talking to myself again?

No comments: