Friday, September 17, 2010

Amores Perros

It really bummed me out when I went to get beers with friends from work and they tell me no guy is faithful to their girlfriend. I defended, I argued, I protested, and they told me it's because I'm in a "new relationship."

Fuck that, I'll be damned if that's the excuse that they give me, because I'm 26, and I've had relationships, and I've been cheated on, and I still believe that there's guys out there who are faithful. It's so depressing that women believe that. I still believe in great true love, in marrying your best friend. This isn't the first time that I've been told this in the past few weeks, and its really got me bummed and angry, because it's almost like its an expected act; for a man to cheat on a woman, and that because it's expected it should be forgiven. I seriously don't get it.

I know that I have weak characteristics at times but I hope that if that ever happens to me, I will be strong enough to walk away from it and know that I am worth it.

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but my parents have been together for 30 years and I look up to that, maybe they have had rough patches, but they love each other and they enjoy their time together, now more than ever. That's what i want, and I won't give up on that.

Even if I never get married, I want someone there for me, I guess that's what every human hopes for.

No comments: