Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I dreamed

last night i dreamed that i was in a bowling alley.
just like our date last night,
and i threw the ball, but my fingers got stuck, and i flew down the lane with the ball. I tried to stop, keep from hitting the pins, but i was going way too fast.
I crashed into those pins and flew through the back and down into water.

I hit the water and kept gasping for air, trying to stay above the water.
but i was being pulled down under the water... i looked down and there you were, holding my legs, pulling me under the water with you. I kept drowning under the water, going deeper and deeper.

I was scared, really scared, you looked content, like we were supposed to drown.

soon my body just gave in and as we sank i just let it happen.

I'm letting this happen, even though i'm still really scared.

I woke up this morning and rolled over, you were laying there like you've been, reaching over and grabbing my neck, pulling me in, and i just gave in.

No comments: