Tuesday, October 26, 2010

part 2

My skin was a mass hanging from my left hand,
blood still dripping,
as the drops fall they soak into the black earth beneath my feet


I'm a mass of muscle,
Broken and torn ligaments,
a machine of moving body parts.

There are trees and a black forest ground,
I look up to the lowest branch of a redwood,
there you sit, it's a face I recognize,
"Well, it looks like you've given yourself hell again."
I glance down at the pulpy mass of red that was my body,
"Yes, it looks that way...help me figure this out"

He jumps from the branch and lands on the ground,
pulls out a cigarette holder and places it between his lips.
He leans against the trunk of the tree,
"Well, man, I don't know, I mean you've sort of fucked yourself up here,
look at yourself! you're a bloody mess," he said as he sparked the lighter.

Smoke began to leave his mouth in small puffs now.
The smoke is sweet in my nose,
"I've lost my way...can't you direct me back? I've got to get myself fixed"
He searched through the pockets of his multi-colored vest,
there were many pockets to look in, he came up empty handed,
"Well, kid, this is one you'll have to figure out for yourself."

I looked pretty upset, I cried but my tears just mixed with my blood and made some sort of gooey mess on my face muscles.
It had almost become comedic, and as I began wiping the goop from my face,
I laughed.
"HoHo! you're laughing girl, well now, hell, THAT'S an improvement isn't it?"

I looked down at my left hand, seeing the mass that once was my skin.
I dropped it on the black earthy ground,
It immediately began to soak into the ground
So rapidly that it disappeared.
My skin was now gone forever.
"Well I guess I'll be off now. You have a nice day"

The puffs of smoke came from his mouth his lips still pursed shut
His arm shot up with one small wave
he got smaller and smaller as I walked away.

I didn't know where I was going in this forest
but I'm sure once I get there I'll know

No comments: